who is our Jira admin, where do i get to see thier contacts

Mahesh Seetharamu May 24, 2022

I need to change our project to company managed  type project, which can be set by Jira admin.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2022

Hi Mahesh - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Just a note first that you cannot "change" a project to a different type. You have to create a new project and then move the issues from the original project to the new Company-managed project that gets created. 

But you have to be a Jira Administrator to create a new Company-managed project. 

To find out who is a Jira Administrator, you will just have to ask around in your company until someone connects you with the right person as there is no way to know in the systems if you don't have those permissions already. 

Zifeng June 24, 2023

Hi John, it has been a year now. Do we have any way to identify the admin of a team? I have asked around and none of my team know who is the admin.

Like Phuong likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2023

You still have to ask your team and colleagues.  Who granted you access to this Jira?  They're the first person I would ask, because they have admin access.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 26, 2023

If nothing else, check with your identity and access management (IAM) folks. They should know. 

Sebastian Bauer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 12, 2024

Sorry guys, is there really no way to just show a small info like "Your admin is person XYZ"? It would make usage easier and help save a lot of time!

Like Sebastian Bernholtz likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 13, 2024

Nope, because it might be privileged information.

Your administrators can add a "contact administrators" message, but it is off by default.  I always recommend people enable it.

Sebastian Bauer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 13, 2024

Thanks for your answer! Unluckily this is not helping... in my eyes this button should be on by default.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 13, 2024

I agree, because it doesn't expose the administrators directly.  Unfortunately, it can lead to people being spammed.

0 votes
Alberto Salvante
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2022

Hi Mahesh and welcome to the Community!

If you have Jira Cloud you have to go to people --> search people and teams --> manage users.

Screenshot 2022-05-24 at 11.07.41.png

Then you can scroll down and use filters to choose which admin you want to find.

Screenshot 2022-05-25 at 09.15.54.png

In Jira Server you have to go to the user management section where you can filter for groups Jira administrator.

Hope it helps.

Best,
Alberto

Jack Verstappen October 19, 2022

"Manage Users" is only an option for those with Admin rights, which still leave the above mentioned problem unresolved

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events