when transition passes the status is not updated a jira issue

AGC June 21, 2021

When we pass the transition, the status of an issue is not updated, however in the transition history it already indicates the new status but in the detail of the issue it continues to show its previous status.

Which could be the main cause of this case.
I am using Jira server 7.1.10.

1 answer

1 vote
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2021

Hey @AGC and welcome!

Could you maybe clarify it with a screenshot? I'd love to see the history and at the same time the status of the issue..

AGC June 21, 2021

image.pngimage.png

Hey @Dirk Ronsmans ,

As can be seen in the detail, the status is not updated yet, but in the history it is already updated. Beyond reindexing Jira why this case happens in order to solve its root cause.

I hope my explanation was clear.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2021

Thanks for the screenshot @AGC ! that does make it more clear.

I do notice you use the "Time in Status" app which is showing the wrong info.

Does it also occur in the regular "history" tab? If not I'm leaning towards a bug in that app..

Another question maybe, which of the 2 is actually wrong? Was the status updated and the history is showing it correct but the issue not yet? or is the status not changed yet but the "transitions" is running ahead?

Also could it be that you are using a Server or Datacenter version and not Cloud? 

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
AGC June 21, 2021

La primera imagen que informé es incorrecta, ya que se muestra en el historial, ya pasamos la transición de flujo, pero cuando veo desde los filtros o veo directamente el estado del problema, no se actualiza. Como si la transición solo pasara pero el estado estuviera bloqueado por algún cokie, pero la actualización del navegador aún muestra el estado desactualizado,
por ejemplo, la
transición del estado 1 al estado 2,
pero cuando la transición pasa, continúa mostrando el estado 1, sin embargo, en el historial ya muestra el estado 2

I use jira server v. 7.1

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2021

This sounds like it could be an indexing error, but to confirm (or rule that out), it would really help to look at the main issue history tab, not the transition history tab.  Specifically, I would like to see the latest transition in there. 

(One other thing that might tell us more there is comparing that line with the transition history tab - that tab may not be sorting its display the way we might be assuming here)

AGC June 21, 2021

image.png

It is also displayed in History that the status has already been updated to attended status.

At the moment it seems to be a Re-indexing problem, I want to know why that occurs, that is, due to lack of space or something is not working well.

Just the previous week we already reindexed for this same case but we cannot be reindexing all the time.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2021

Ok, so to confirm, the issue is actually transitioned already (and it shows in the history tab) but the status of the issue itself remains on the old one.

So the visible issue status is not reflecting what should be in the database.

Yeah, indeed sounds like an indexing problem.

Are there any things in the log that indicates some errors/problems? 

Does this occur with all status transitions or just random and not limited to a single status?

AGC June 21, 2021

Are there any things in the log that indicates some errors/problems? 

No tengo acceso a home jira.

Does this occur with all status transitions or just random and not limited to a single status?

Está ocurriendo con algunos issues no es masivo pero está presentado a menudo estos días con algunos issues.

revisé también en la base de datos y no está actualizada.

image.png

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2021

the fact that the database is not up to date worries me. The index is created based on the database content so index and db should be in line.

What you could do is create a support zip file 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/create-a-support-zip-790796819.html

We would really need to see if there is anything in there that is breaking.

AGC June 22, 2021

Thanks for helping me @Dirk Ronsmans 

I already have the generated file which procedure I have to perform.

Marton Varga June 20, 2022

Hello,

Did you resolve this issue?

Did you found the root cause?

This has happened to us with jira server 8.5.4

Transition goes through without any problem, no error in workflow post functions, no error in logs, the available transitions are already from the destination status, and there is a history entry about the transition. So it seems the transition was successful, BUT the issue has the same status as before.

We've reindexed the issue, but no luck in that.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2022

Sorry to hear the problem persists, @Marton Varga 
The previous user was recommended to check log files and also to see if an App could be involved in that kind of problem for terms of a root cause.
Have you had the chance to check the logs?

On a lower environment it could be easy to deactivate all Apps for a test and see if the problem persists.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events