r4j coverage view not loading after upgrade to 4.0.2

Myra_Rebillard June 14, 2019

Hi,

Has anyone else seen any issues after upgrading from 3.x to 4.x?

Only some of our coverage views are loading, but they are loading much more slowly than before.  Some of the others cause my browser to go "Aww, snap."

The data set is quite large, but it used to load without any issues before.  I'd like to get that functionality back as teams rely on it to do their breakdowns.

Please help.

Thanks,
Myra

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Myra_Rebillard December 16, 2019

To anyone still having this issue, you can downgrade back to 3.5.4.  This is what we ended up doing in our instance.

Below is a quote regarding my ticket with Ease Solutions:

We’ve had our testers confirm this and so far the only issue you should have is that the new views you created after migrating to 4.x will not be available when downgrading; And updates from migrated views will not reflect as well.

This is assuming that you did not do any manual data alterations in the database. Switching back to a lower version than 4.x means that the old tables and data will be used for all views fetched/saved/deleted. You’re going back to a state before any migration was done.

As always, before you do any update we recommend to keep a backup of your data.

0 votes
Mathijs Mooij September 5, 2019

We have the same problem. Since the update to 4.0.2 our personal and public views have disappeared and Coverage gives 'Request Failed'. I am very interested in finding out a work-around or solution to this problem! 

Thanks!

Mathijs 

Myra_Rebillard October 22, 2019

Hi Mathijs,

As for the views, you should do the migration described here: https://easesolutions.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/REQ4J/pages/304513214/4.0.0

But as for the "Request Failed", I find that ours is intermittent - when JIRA is busy, it doesn't complete, but if there is not a lot of load on the system, it works fine, albeit slow.

If there's anyone from Ease Solutions who can comment, that would be great.

Thanks,

Myra

Like Angelica Salazar likes this

Suggest an answer