query for issues by any member of a team

Scott Thurston August 21, 2020

I created a couple of "teams" in Jira (standard).  I would like to be able to get a list of issues where any team member is the assigned person that issue.  I don't know how to query for any of the team members, or if that is even possible.

I have a query where assigned = a or assigned = b or assigned = x  

but would rather have one that goes more like assigned = anyteammember

or may be assigned in (team_name).  Is that possible?

2 answers

3 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2020

Hi @Scott Thurston 

If you mean "Teams" as in those you create via the People section, not that I know of. You can @mention teams but not search for them in JQL.

I'd consider using user groups - to do this you'll need to be a Site Admin, and then:

1. Go to Jira Settings > User Management
  2. Select Groups from the left-hand menu
  3. Create a Group, give it a name (eg. Team-1) and add users to it

^ Once your users are in a group, you can search for all members as a group using JQL - for example:

assignee in membersOf("Team-1")

Ste

amaes January 10, 2022

Hello @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ 

Is supporting this on the roadmap?

In larger organizations, team leads don't have admin privileges but can typically assemble teams using the People section.

It would make a ton of sense to be able to query the teams that are managed there, as opposed to filters that we have to maintain painstakingly at the moment like

assignee in (user1-id, user2-id, user3-id, etc.)
Like # people like this
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2022

Hi @amaes 

Not at this point, but you can view/vote for this feature request via: JRACLOUD-74842 

Ste

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 21, 2020

Exactly what feature did you use to create a "team" in JIRA?

Kyle Cooke May 25, 2022

I assume the Team they are talking about is here - https://<cloud_instance>.atlassian.net/people

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events