login as jira OS user

Michael Ilewicz January 6, 2022

Hi,

I am running Jira Server on a linux machine and I need to setup some powershell profiles for the user that is running jira. I only found very little documentation, and that is mostly for an old version describing how to create a dedicated operating system account.

However, since the jira tasks are executed through a jira account I am assuming that the installer now creates a dedicated jira account by default. Unfortunately the login account seems to be protected by a password and I could not find any documentation about this.

Does somebody here know how I could login as the jira account user?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2022

Hey @Michael Ilewicz 

If you installed Jira as installer method then a dedicated user by name jira is created and all the Jira related process run via that user. It is not password protected.

To login to that you may have to login as root user or other user which has sudoers access of Linux machine and then do switch user like su jira

In case you don't have root access privileges to linux machine please work with Linux Admin to get that and login to jira user.

Regards,

Vishwas

Michael Ilewicz January 6, 2022

Thanks, switching to root and from there to jira worked!

Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2022

Glad that worked !!

please accept the answer if it helped you :)

0 votes
Carmen Bullock May 24, 2022

Hello, if I change the password of the jira OS, how will it affect the file system read and write?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events