jira unresolved by priority in Confluence

Michael Roff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2011

On a project dashboard in JIRA, one of the default graphs is a Unresolved Project Issues by Priority graph. I would like to be able to display this same graph in Confluence through a JIRA gadget without having to setup and filters or write a custom gadget.

It seems JIRA already has a default filter enabled for this, however, it is not exposed as a current JIRA Gadget in Confluence.

Is there a way to tap into that existing filter or graph through the JIRA gadgets in Confluence or by some other means?

The top left graph in the image below is the one I am after.

It's the first graph in top right corner
As I have MANY projects, I don't want to have to setup a filter for each project if I can help it.

Thanks for the help.
Mick

1 answer

0 votes
Martin Cooper
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2011

Hi Mick,

I think you need the Issue Statistics gadget from Jira, you can point this directly to your Project, select Priority as the statistic type, and choose NO to exlcude Resolved issues. I believe the result is what you are after.

Details on how to add a Jira Gadget to Confluence are here: (note the comments have lot more detail and useful links in)

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Adding+JIRA+Gadgets+to+a+Confluence+Page

Basically, set up the trust between the two, depending on veiisons this will be a Trusted Application, Application link, or OAuth.

You then need to get the URL of the Gadget in Jira (available from the add gadget dialog box in Jira) and add this to the list of External Gadgets in Confluence (via the Admin section).

It will then appear in the Macro Browser for you to add to your Confluence page.

Suggest an answer