its warning for rest activity -stream contains form parameters in the request body but the request

kedar April 18, 2018

jira /rest/activity-stream/1.0/preference ?=1524000684077 contains form parameters in the request body but the request body has been consumed by the servlet or a servlet filter accessing the request parameters. Only resource methods using Form Param will work as expected. Resource methods consuming the request body by other means will not work as expected.

17-Apr-2018 14:31:27.151 WARNING [http-nio-8080-

3 answers

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2018
  1. What version of Jira is this?
  2. When did this problem start?
  3. Was this working before or has this always been happening?
  4. What does your options look like if you try to edit that gadget?  I am interested to see what sources/filters you might have in there?
  5. Have you tried to view this in another browser or when using incognito/private mode in order to see if this loads correctly then?
tolga çankal May 29, 2018

JIRA Service Desk 3.10.0
JIRA Core 7.7.0
I do not know. it started.
he was working ahead.
I do not have filtering settings when I try to edit.
I tried it on a different computer and in different browsers. it only works fine on the server.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2018

That's strange that this works when visiting the site from the jira server.  That tends to indicate to me that there could be a problem with the way the page is being loaded from other locations.

It might be worth using a browser like Chrome or firefox, loading this page from a system where this does not work, and then take a look at the developer tool / browser console to see what errors are registered by the client session when the page is loaded.

It might be possible to use the steps in https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-bypass-a-proxy-and-ssl-to-test-network-connectivity-827328189.html in order to test out if this problem might be caused by a proxy/ssl/load balancer in your environment.   I would try these steps to troubleshoot this issue in order to get a better understanding of where the problem might be originating from.

0 votes
tolga çankal May 28, 2018

Hello there,
Now I have to follow a path in the name of seeing the flow of activity. what can I do to solve this problem. as shown in the picture below, the activity flow field is empty.
faaliyet akisi.PNG

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
April 19, 2018

This warning message by itself does not actually convey a problem.  Are you seeing a problem in regards to your activity stream on a Jira Dashboard displaying properly?   Or are you just scouring the Jira logs for warning messages?

There have been other feature requests to restrict the excessive logging messages like this one in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-59898

If you are not actually seeing a problem with the Jira site, it is safe to actually ignore this warning message.  That ticket also includes a work-around to limit this kind of logging:

Workaround

Change the logging level for the com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.WebComponent class in the conf/logging.properties file by adding this line:

com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.WebComponent.level = SEVERE

This will prevent the Warnings from being logged.

However that ticket clearly shows the 'com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.WebComponent' servlet.   From looking at your posted message, I can't see that explicit package being referred to here.   Is yours the same, or is there a different package in your warning message?

tolga çankal May 24, 2018

He,

I get the same error and just do not see the activity flow screen.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
May 25, 2018

The warning message seen in the original post is very common to see in all Jira installations.  Additionally it does not actually correspond to any functionality in Jira not working as designed.   Which is why I suggested the work-around to turn off those excessive warning.

If you find that your activity stream is actually not showing content that is expected, then I think you have a different problem here @tolga çankal.  I would recommend looking at this KB JIRA Activity Stream returns One or more activity sources were slow to respond and are not included

It explains one scenario in which activity stream won't show content due to a timeout being reached.   Older versions of Jira (like 6.3.x) were more susceptible to this problem.  There have been improvements made to later versions, but they too can reach this timeout if the resources being requested are very large.

Suggest an answer