issue in Average time in statut

Sarah Sliti April 27, 2021

Hello Community,

I need to calculate the "Time in Status" without installing the plugin, please.

I tried the "Average time in status" gadget and put the "Time in status" custom field on issues screen.

I have this text linked to the project board "This chart shows the average time spent in a status for all resolved issues over the past 300 days.", and the graph is a flat line regardless of the status I choose.

Can you please let know if there is any other way to calculate the Average time in statut ?

thanks,

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021

Hello @Sarah Sliti 

Welcome to the community.

We can't see your project board through that link. It requires a logon to your instance.

What is the "Time in status" custom field?

Sarah Sliti April 27, 2021

@Trudy Claspill in order to make the Average Time in Status gadget to work, you need to put the "Time in Status" field on the issues screen you want to track.

Melissa P April 27, 2021

is that really how that is supposed to work?  We have been trying to figure it out for months as well - googling and reading through years of atlassian community posts hasn't given us the answer yet.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

@Sarah Sliti 

I checked my JIRA Cloud instance and the "[Chart] Time In Status" field is not associated to any screens.

I added the Average Time in Status gadget to my dashboard.

For the options on the gadget I chose:

• Project or Filter: <a specific project>
  • Period: daily
  • Average duration in status: hourly
  • Days Previously: 30
  • Refresh Interval: never

There is an option to select Status. In my environment I see some statuses listed multiple time. For example I have almost a dozen To Do statuses listed. This is because we have Company Managed and Team Managed projects. The statuses in Team Managed projects are considered unique to each project even when the name is identical to a status used in another Team Managed project or a Company Managed project. I selected all the "To Do" statuses because I did not know which one was specific to my project.

My graph was not a flatline.

So, double check if you have multiple statuses in the list with the same name. If you do, you will need to select all instances of that status.

Let me know if that makes a difference.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Melissa P April 27, 2021

I have the same issue!

Suggest an answer