if a Jira tickets sent by email has a way to be assigned to a specific Task Type

sanjay singh November 15, 2019

Hi Team,

Please help me what should I include (any keyword) in mail and where so that the ticket is created on behalf of that mail under specific Task type automatically.

Thanks,

Sanjay

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2019

Hello @sanjay singh , Welcome to the community,

As @Steven F Behnke suggested the mail handler that ships with Jira require you to hard code issue type.

But there is an external plugin called, "Enterprise Mail Handler for Jira" which has functionality of directives to define issue fields. The plugin is one of the most downloaded and used plugin, provided by Top Vendor.

P.S. - I am not associated with JEMH, just a user.

Mike Harrison _The Plugin People_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2019

Hi Sanjay,

JEMH team member here. If you try out JEMH, it sounds like you will want to:

• create a Project Mapping and set the issue type as required
  • add a keyword rule to the created project mapping
  • configure the rule to match the required keywords

If you require further or more personalised support, please get in touch and we will be happy to assist you.

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2019

Jira email handlers can only be hard coded to a single issue type. You cannot include keywords to have it automatically change type. 

sanjay singh November 19, 2019

Thanks steven

Suggest an answer