how to login to JIRA on you local desktop?

sumitpatel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 19, 2018

I downloaded JIR and create my account Atlassian. I am able to log into Atlassian but not able to log into JIR.

When trying to click on forget password its not send any email to my email account?

can any one help me on this.

5 answers

1 vote
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2018

Hi Sumitpatel,

Where did you download Jira? Was it on atlassian.com or elsewhere?

If it was on atlassian.com you've most likely downloaded Jira server which is meant to setup your own Jira server on your local machine, on the cloud, on a server or in your data center.

When Jira is started for the first time, you can open 127.0.0.1:8080. It will guide you through a setup process allowing you to setup a username/password.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Maarten

Umesh Karkar July 19, 2020

Hi Maarten,

I was also facing the issue but now its opened 127.0.0.1:8080. but I can see there are two options on the screen. So just let me know for which option need to select?

Please see the below screenshot:

jira.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2020

You need to use which ever one suits you better.  We can't tell you which option you want to use.

Umesh Karkar July 19, 2020

Thanks.

0 votes
SanaIffat Khan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 7, 2020

I was facing same problem...I abruptly followed all the steps of installation and then configuration and didnt noticed that at which point it asked for UserName and Password

Actually when It asks for email,username,password details it bydefault takes the initial of your email as your username like for Example if Your Email is-abcde@gmail.com in Username tab it bydefault takes abcde as your username .If you forgot your Username then this might help ,but password you need to recall what you entered...Usually common practice is people enter the same password which they use for emailid.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 7, 2020

If I have read this right, I'm afraid I need to say that it is completely wrong.

The installation asks you to provide a user name and password for the initial admin account.  That's it.  It doesn't guess anything from your email (it can't - I've got 50-ish  email addresses that this computer is aware of in various programs - which one of them do you think it might use when I set up a new one?)

Mohamed Nazim
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 22, 2020

Hi Nic,

Sanalffat Khan is right.

The same worked for me too..

It had taken my email username as the username for JIRA login.

And again, it did not ask to create the user name - password during setup.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 22, 2020

Yes it did.

0 votes
Alik November 24, 2019

I have same problem, but found how to resolve that. If the problem still actual try to install jira core application as administrator.(shift+right click and run as admin) After installation jira require the login and password for administrator. Good luck

0 votes
박근태
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 5, 2018

hello!!

try version login error....

캡처1.PNG

c:\program files\atlassian\jira\atlassian-jira\web-inf\lib>java -jar h2-1.4.185.jar

캡처.PNG

users info sa...

What should I do?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2018

You do not appear to be looking at a Jira database, so there's nothing we can help you with here.

0 votes
sumitpatel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 19, 2018

Hi Martem,

Yes i have downloaded from atlassian.com. Yes when i open its goes to 127.0,0.1:8080 and on that page it ask me to enter the user name and password.

I tried to enter my Atlassian  user name and password but it not allowing me.

local Jira.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2018

When you installed it, it would have asked you to create a new admin user with a password.  You need to enter that user name and password.

Bryan Conlong
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 3, 2018

I'm having the same problem. There was nowhere in the installation process which allowed the creation of a user/password.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2018

You can't get to the point of log in without creating an admin account, with user name and password, so I'm stuck because you must have given it something.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events