Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

how to find reopen issues in jira?

i want to find reopen issues 

5 answers

2 votes

Hello,

You could write a JQL query like this:

status changed from Closed to Open

Hi @kunal kandpal

To add to the other answers, you need to understand your workflow. I wouldn't have thought that In Progress is your first status - generally when an issue has been reopened, it will move to a status of Open or Reopened, so the JQL query would be 

projecy=XYZ and status changed to Reopened

You need to replace the word Reopened above with whatever status your workflow shows when you reopen an issue.

1 vote
Moses Thomas Community Leader Nov 12, 2018

@kunal kandpalIt depends what status you  have defined as re-open normally you can Just type the JQL query on  search issues box  if you have the re-open status   for reopened  issues in your workflow.

status = reopen    then  click search for issues button.

Best!

HI @kunal kandpal

Welcome to the community!

project = XYZ AND status changed TO "reOpen"

i didn't get any result.

project ="xyz"  AND  status changed FROM "QA Ready" TO "In Progress"

0 votes
Deleted user Nov 12, 2018

Hi @kunal kandpal, If you are trying to find all issues that were ever Re-opened, irrespective of what their current status is, you should try using 'status was Reopened'. This could change based on the statuses defined. You could also try - 'status was Resolved AND status changed to ...'. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Kalyani

project ="xyz"  AND  status changed FROM "QA Ready" TO "In Progress" 

i used this query to find reopen issues but result not found ?

QA doesn't fail tickets to "In Progress". That only occurs after the assignee starts looking at it again. Try "To Do".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,226 views 35 44
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you