how to find reopen issues in jira?

kunal kandpal November 12, 2018

i want to find reopen issues 

5 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2018

Hello,

You could write a JQL query like this:

status changed from Closed to Open
1 vote
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2018

Hi @kunal kandpal

To add to the other answers, you need to understand your workflow. I wouldn't have thought that In Progress is your first status - generally when an issue has been reopened, it will move to a status of Open or Reopened, so the JQL query would be 

projecy=XYZ and status changed to Reopened

You need to replace the word Reopened above with whatever status your workflow shows when you reopen an issue.

1 vote
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2018

@kunal kandpalIt depends what status you  have defined as re-open normally you can Just type the JQL query on  search issues box  if you have the re-open status   for reopened  issues in your workflow.

status = reopen    then  click search for issues button.

Best!

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2018

HI @kunal kandpal

Welcome to the community!

project = XYZ AND status changed TO "reOpen"

i didn't get any result.

project ="xyz"  AND  status changed FROM "QA Ready" TO "In Progress"

0 votes
Deleted user November 12, 2018

Hi @kunal kandpal, If you are trying to find all issues that were ever Re-opened, irrespective of what their current status is, you should try using 'status was Reopened'. This could change based on the statuses defined. You could also try - 'status was Resolved AND status changed to ...'. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Kalyani

project ="xyz"  AND  status changed FROM "QA Ready" TO "In Progress" 

i used this query to find reopen issues but result not found ?

Alis-Hathway Ward (DO NOT USE) June 15, 2022

QA doesn't fail tickets to "In Progress". That only occurs after the assignee starts looking at it again. Try "To Do".

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question