how can i set up a quick filter for a custom field (single list)

lisa March 29, 2022

Hi there,

I set up successfully a single list custom field. Now I am trying to figure out how I can set up a quick filter for this custom field. 

thank you!
Lisa

Screenshot 2022-03-29 at 22.41.39.png

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2022

Hi @lisa  - Did you ever get this solved?

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2022

Hi Lisa,

Do you mean a quick filter on a board? If so quick filters are based on a JQL filter. You can't have a quick filter on the board with a drop-down option. You would have to create a quick filter for each option. If I am misunderstanding your request please let me know.

lisa March 30, 2022

yes exactly that is what I mean. Can you help me out about the JQL filter for each of them? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2022

Sure they would look like this...

"Marketing department" = growth 

"Marketing department" = performance 

"Marketing department" = content

these would be individual QFs created under board settings > quick filters

lisa March 31, 2022

thanks for trying to help me!
I am getting this error then....

Screenshot 2022-03-31 at 17.22.30.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2022

hmmm, and this is an actual custom field single select? can you try that JQL in the Advanced issue search screen? Also try "marketing department" is not empty in that same screen.

lisa April 4, 2022

what is the advanced issue search screen? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2022
  1. Click on the search bar in the top menu and then select advanced issue search
  2. in the next screen copier JQL that was in your quick filter and pasted in the advance issue search bar

2022-04-04_13-57-53.jpg

Suggest an answer