how can I Using Confluence to submit information and create an Issue automated?

Jennifer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 15, 2024

I would like to make a work request document in Confluence that can have specified check boxes to create a unique Issue in Jira.  I have looked in the instructions and it says it an do it and has vague instructions but I have not found a way to actually accomplish it.  Can you help me?

1 answer

0 votes
Prakash Murugesan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2024

@Jennifer Start by creating a Confluence page where users can submit their work requests. You can use Confluence's page templates feature to create a standardized format for the work request document.

Within the Confluence page, add checkboxes or form fields using Confluence macros such as the "Checkbox" macro or the "Create from Template" macro. These checkboxes or form fields will capture the required information for the work request

Set up the Jira integration in Confluence by linking your Jira instance to your Confluence space. This allows for seamless communication between Confluence and Jira

Create automation rules in Jira to automatically create an issue when specific conditions are met. For example, you can configure a rule to trigger when a Confluence page with specific labels or keywords is published

In the Jira automation rule, map the fields from the Confluence page (e.g., checkboxes, form fields) to the corresponding fields in the newly created Jira issue. This ensures that the relevant information from the work request document is captured in the Jira issue

Test the integration and automation rules to ensure that the process works as expected. Iterate on the setup as needed based on user feedback and requirements

By following these steps, you can set up a process where users can submit work requests through Confluence, and new issues are automatically created in Jira based on the submitted information.please let me know if this is helpful

Suggest an answer