formula for jira

Twanna Gilliard
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 26, 2024

hey there i have a question for you do you know what the formula or code would have to be to get the average for story points per developer for each iteration. The Jira support team told me to try this but it's not working.
with _children = COUNT#children{1}:
IF _children > 0: SUM#children{storypoints}/_children

1 answer

0 votes
Stepan Kholodov _Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2024

Hello @Twanna Gilliard 

The formula is correct; if it returns no results, then possibly your structure doesn't have the right setup for it. For the formula to work, you need to have the following:

- a hierarchy of issues present - there has to be at least one parent item above sub-items; the formula will work with both and show the result for the parent item.
- at least one sub-item to have Story Points value.

Alternatively, you can try this formula: avg{storypoints} and see if it returns any average values for parent items or not. If it doesn't, then it's likely the setup of the structure that should be altered.

I hope this helps. If you have other questions about Structure, please reach out to us directly at our support portal.

Best regards,
Stepan
Tempo (the Structure app vendor)

Suggest an answer