filter subscription runs from two environments

Mary Wilson August 30, 2018

Ok, I've got a perplexing one for you all...

We have a PROD and DEV instance, each with their own databases (obvi).  I have a user who has created a filter subscription in PROD, but when it runs, it looks like it runs from the DEV environment - with links to the DEV instance and a filter subscription link to the DEV instance.

I tested this out myself.  I created a PROD subscription yesterday afternoon, setting a cron to have it run at 12:55.  It ran as expected with PROD links to issues and the PROD link to the subscription.  Then I modified the cron to run at 0:00.  This morning when I got in, the subscription ran, but with links to the DEV instance!  See screen shots.

How the heck would that happen??

JIRA Server 7.11.2 PROD and DEV

ScreenShot515.jpg

ScreenShot516.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Tzu Hau Chai
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2018

Hi Mary,

I assume you had restored your production data to your dev environment recently, so that both have similar data sets.

You mentioned that you had changed the cron to sent out the email at 0:00, however looking at the 2nd screenshot, it was sent at 2AM and and subscription link has a different subId (12600 instead of 12700), which leads me to think that it is actually just a old/different filter subscription on the dev environment and unrelated to the filter subscription that you had just edited very recently on production. 

For dev environment, usually we would recommend you to disable the mail functionality by adding the JVM flag, so that your users do not receive any unnecessary notifications from dev:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/restoring-data-from-an-xml-backup-861253849.html#Restoringdatafromanxmlbackup-disableemail

Suggest an answer