customize calculation with "project automation"

oda mao June 16, 2022

Hi team,

when customer field A and B update( both of them update or one of them update), then field C = (A +B) *30*9.4646. I tried with below formula:

({{issue. A}} + {{issue.B}}) *30*9.4646, but seems the formula doesn't work. could you help check if anything wrong with my formula?

2 answers

0 votes
oda mao June 16, 2022

hi team,

field C= (A+B) * 30 *9.4646, please help check how to calculate total count of A&B, and then * 30* 9.4646. thanks.

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2022

Hello @oda mao 

Please use th below formula:

{{#=}}({{issue.Custom_Numeric_A|0}} + {{issue.Custom_Numeric_B|0}}) * 30 * 9.4646{{/}}

0 votes
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2022

Hello @oda mao 

For the calculation, the automation requires a specific format. Please use the below format, which works fine.

{{#=}}{{issue.Custom_Numeric_A}} * {{issue.Custom_Numeric_B}} * 30 * 9.4646{{/}}

Also, how to handle the scenario if either field A or B is empty (shows None), the rule will fail in that case. To handle this, we can default the values to 1; which can be performed as:

{{#=}}{{issue.Custom_Numeric_A|1}} * {{issue.Custom_Numeric_B|1}} * 30 * 9.4646{{/}}

Here, if either field A or B is empty, it will be considered as 1 and the value for C will be calculated. This can be updated as per your requirements.

Let me know if this helps resolve the issue.

Regards

--GG

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2022

To Add the custom filed prior to multiplication use:

{{#=}}({{issue.Custom_Numeric_A|0}} + {{issue.Custom_Numeric_B|0}}) * 30 * 9.4646{{/}}

Suggest an answer