creating board on existing project - bug

petr holik April 13, 2021

Hi all,

I am new to Jira, and I created my own project and when I tried to create new board from existing project, I can fill name, location but cannot map any project, only see 'No Matches' any ideas? how can I create new board for my new project?

thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2021

Hi Petr - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can you be more specific about the "No Matches" error? Can you share a screenshot?

And what type of Project is it? 

petr holik April 13, 2021

Hi John,

of course, I forgot attach it..here is it

jira_board.PNG

Project type is software

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2021

That's odd - if you clear the Location do any projects show up on your list? 

petr holik April 14, 2021

Hello @John Funk ,

unfortunately not, the same result as is

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2021

Sounds like time for a support ticket with Atlassian  :-(

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Like petr holik likes this
Deleted user May 10, 2021

I have got the same problem.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2021

Hey @petr holik  - Any update on this one from support? 

petr holik May 10, 2021

Hey @John Funk ,

I didn t wrote them, because it was test case study if we should implement JIRA, but we have problems with more things and lack of documentantion/tutorials was main reason why to implement competitive SW

Like John Funk likes this
Steef van Velzen August 3, 2021

Hi @John Funk , we've got the same problem. There's an existing project but I can't add a new board to it:

Screenshot 2021-08-03 at 13.49.29.png

I wanted to create a support ticket here, but the form is sending me back to the community: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Is that because we're using a free version? 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2021

Hi Steef - What type of project is it? 

@petr holik  - Can you close this one out of selecting the Accept answer field? Thanks!

Steef van Velzen September 20, 2021

@John Funk it's a Software project, and it doesn't matter if I'm trying to create a Scrum or a Kanban board...both show me 'No matches'

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2021

But is it a Team-managed, Company-managed, or Jira Service Management project? 

@John Funk it's Team-managed

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2021

Ah, that would explain it. Here's some general guidance for that.

You will need to create a filter for the Team-managed project, something like Project = ABC ORDER by Rank ASC where ABC is the project key for your Next-gen project. Be sure to save the filter and share it. Or you can use an existing filter if one exists with the same issues in it.

Go to your list of boards and click on Create board

Choose either Kanban or Scrum

Choose create based on an existing Filter.

Then attach it to the new filter you just created.

For the Location field, you will not be able to use a Team-managed, Business, or JSM Project - only Company-managed Software projects. Or you can link to your profile - probably best in this case. But this will not keep the board from working - it really only cares about the project(s) in the filter. I usually just use another "dummy" Company-managed project as the location. 

Then you are all set. You can modify the board as you need to.

Like Steef van Velzen likes this

Awesome, thanks @John Funk !!

Like John Funk likes this
1 vote
Paul Osetinsky April 27, 2023

@John Funk 's answer is helpful and solves the problem, but this is a UI/UX bug.

The presence of a searchable form called "Projects" available during Board creation makes it reasonable for the user to expect it to populate Projects they've already created. Futhermore, there's no way a user would know that they'd have to create a custom filter for this form field to be populated, much less how to create and define one.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events