count of linked issues

Jennifer Choban
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 6, 2020

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for a way to put together a report that will list issues in a project and the number of linked issues (regardless of link type) that each one has.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Jenny

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
mfabris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2020

Hello Jennifer

If you have scriptrunner there you can use this JQL

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("Issuekey= ABC-123")

For the count of the issues, well a JQL only returns a list.

If you want the count you could consider a plugin called "counter gadget".

You save your JQL in a filter and call it from the gadget.

This gadget is very simple and it is free, and it has always been free so I hope the guys who developed it (Akeles) do not change their mind about it.

Sorry for giving a solution using 2 plugins, but I am not sure this can be done otherwise.

Good luck!

Mirco

Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 7, 2020

Alternatively, you can also use JQL Booster Pack which comes with a bunch of JQL functions regarding issue relationship:

References:

Regards

0 votes
Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2020

You can also create a scripted field with a script to set the value of the field to the number of linked issues. You can then use that field in filter searches and results.

I'll leave the script as an exercize fo the reader. :)

Doug Clendening June 29, 2021

Sadly, scripted fields do no work in dashboards in Jira cloud if anyone else is wondering. You'll have to update a normal custom field somehow.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events