can we add the logs associated to a Story or Work Item directly on the same csv? Or do you need to

Priyanka January 15, 2020

can we add the logs associated to a Story or Work Item directly on the same csv? Or do you need to import it separately once the Story or Work Item is created in Jira?

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2020
0 votes
Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2020

Can you elaborate?

By logs you mean the logged work? If so, would you be refering to just the time value or a complete list of "date, logged time, activities performed"?

For the second, more complete option, I've done something similar in the past consisting of creating a SIL custom field that collected every time logged the subtasks of an issue (that's where I logged the time, not the main issue) , then I could add this field as a column in the search screen and export it as .csv no problem.

In case it is of any help, allow me to share this solution.

string[] tareas = {key, subtasks(key)};

number n = arraySize(tareas);
number i = 0;

date inicio = key.created;
date fin = currentDate();

string[] WL;
number a = 0;

for(i=0;i<n;i=i+1){
    if(getWorklogsForIssues(inicio, fin, tareas[i])!=""){
        WL[a] = getWorklogsForIssues(inicio, fin, tareas[i]);
        a=a+1;
    }