can I modify permissions based on issue type within one JIRA project

DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2014

I'd like to restrict read-access to a specific issue type within a project, but allow broader access for other issue types within the same project. Is that possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2014

No. Permissions are project level configuration.

However, they do have some flexibility and you can do something like this. For example...

If you use issue-level security, it's quite easy to set up post-functions to automatically set security (and beacuse you want to do it by issue type, you can have "set security level A" in one workflow for type A and "sec level B" for type B and so-on)

You can play tricks with users or group custom fields

You might consider the use of current-reporter-browse permission which isn't about issue types, but locks users out of issues they didn't raise.

and and and

DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2014

Thanks Nic. I'm going to take the path of least resistance and just use a new project. But I do appreciate your thorough answer.