attachments in JIRA not visible after upgrade

Sarah Ringleb May 11, 2015

Hello everyone,

í´ve made an upgrade from JIRA 5.2.6 to 6.0. After the upgrade the attachments are not visible. 

The attachment directory is the same and the settings in JIRA are correct. I also gave full permission to "everyone" to test, if it is caused by any permission missing. 

Do you have any idea, why the attachments are not shown in the Issues? 

Thanks for your help. 

Sarah

4 answers

0 votes
Sarah Ringleb May 12, 2015

is dont get any error messages. 

The attachment section in the issue view has disappeared. It looks as if there were not attachments. But in the former version the attachments were present. 

Marzi Goodarzian August 20, 2019

Hi @Sarah Ringleb1 

Have the problem solved?? I have problem like this, How fix it?

thanks

Petr Vaníček
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2019

Hi @Marzi Goodarzian ,

you are reacting on 4 years old thread. You should start new one and describe your problem in more details (screenshot, part of logs with errors, original and upgraded version,...). Then just link your thread here and I will try look at it.

0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2015

Sarah

Are you getting any error message or the attachment link on the issue view has disappeared?

0 votes
Sarah Ringleb May 12, 2015

Nope, did an xml export as a backup and made a snapchot of the data and home directory. 

Then executed the jira6.0.exe and said "upgrade an existing installation"

The attachment path under System Tab > Advanced Section > Attachment is the correct one. 

0 votes
randyz May 12, 2015

Hi Sarah,

Did you export the database as backup then import into 6.0?  

You can view the attachment path from system administration:  

System Tab > Advanced Section > Attachment  (your_server_address.com/secure/admin/ViewAttachmentSettings.jspa)

Suggest an answer