Xray Test Run

Amanda Holden February 21, 2024

I am trying to write a JQL that returns the actual Test Runs for a particular test.  I see that you can query Test Run fields yet that doesn't provide what I am looking for. I would like to see the results for each run in a query as the reports are not customizable or very useful, IMHO.  Has anyone found a way to do this?

For Example:

I want to see how many times a particular test run has failed grouped by a label.

Thanks for any help and/or advice.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2024

Hi @Amanda Holden and welcome to the Community!  Try this (adjust to include the label):

issuetype = "Test Execution" and issue in testTestExecutions('yourtestexecutionkey','FAIL')

Amanda Holden February 22, 2024

That worked.  Do you know if you can use a function for the test keys?  For example Tests in 'TestPlanKey'?

Amanda Holden February 23, 2024

I figured out how to get a range of tests to query.  If you set up a filter with all your tests, you can reference your filter in the first parameter.

issuetype = "Test Execution" and issue in testTestExecutions('74602','FAIL')

This will provide a list of test executions that have a fail for any of the tests in the referenced filter.  Since it uses test executions you are seeing the test run and not the latest test status.

You can then reference this result in a rich filter to show all the fails based on execution identifiers such as labels, components, versions, assignee, etc.

Like Laurie Sciutti likes this

Suggest an answer