Workflow - Modification / Change.

jesus.pereira April 1, 2020

Hi.

I currently use Jira Service  Desk to support several different projects. Each of these projects has a different workflow.

And now I would like to unify them all. Or should I said, I would need to have only one workflow for everyone.

My question is: what happens if I modify the wf with the ticket that have already assigned a status in the old workflow?
How can I synchronize the status of the existing ticket with the new workflow?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ashkan Malekly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2020

Hi @jesus.pereira 

NP. After unifying and associate the workflow to each project jira ask you to map the status. For exmaple if your issues in old workflow in "A" status, but in the new workflow you dont have status "A" jira will ask you to map status A to which of status in new workflow.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2020

Also, in case you are not already aware, if you truly want the same workflow then don’t simply edit the current one. Rather, associate all projects and issuetypes to the very same workflow. In this way any changes to the workflow need only be done once.

caution: inspect your current workflows fully to ensure you understand any underlying properties and behaviors. 

• inspect post functions, Validators, conditions, etc.
  • check automation to ensure they are not any associated with statuses that will go away
  • after you make the change carefully test
  • retain the old workflows so you can switch back if needed
Like # people like this

Jack,

Thanks for the reactivity and for your wise response... I will follow your recommendations.
I will explain the result later...

Ashkan Malekly Thanks!

Suggest an answer