Why is the issues panel blank for a Project Summary?

Solitonman April 16, 2012

Since installing JIRA 5.0.1, we've seen instances when the Issues Tab in a Project Summary is completely blank when accessed, although the project does in fact contain issues. Anyone know why, and more importantly, how to fix it?

5 answers

0 votes
Philippe Schram September 19, 2012

I had the same problem after upgrading a series of plugins.

I solved it by disabling/enabling greenhoper plugin.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2012

and it's incredibly frustrating to have a question where you haven't bothered to give us even the most basic information on what investigations you had done.

My cause and fix was totally different from Jo-Anne's and wouldn't have helped you. But there was no way of knowing that, so there was no point in volunteering it.

Maybe next time, take a couple more minutes and actually post useful information.

0 votes
Michael Langford April 23, 2012

@Nic Brough: "Yes, I have seen Jira do this, but I know why..." Wow, thanks for the helpful response here, I'm sure we all appreciate it... <_< sorry for the flame (not really), but come on... really? I can't tell you how frustrating it is to search about for a solution to a problem only to find ridiculous and completely unhelpful responses.

Maybe next time, take a couple more minutes and actually answer the question something like:

... but I know why... In my case, it was because I updated the field configuration but because it was the middle of the day, I didn't want to re-index the whole server since it takes forever and is offline in the meantime, so I put it off. Then, when I noticed the issues list was failing, I freaked out for a minute or two until I remembered the whole re-indexing thing and once I found a good time to do that, everything worked fine.

Anyway, I should note, that Jo-Anne MacLeod posted effectively the same thing (without all the flames and drama) with some good details on what specifics steps you should take -- give that a try, although I don't think you need to reboot ;)

0 votes
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2012

I had a similar problem before. This is what I did to fix the problem.

NOTE: before doing anything take a backup of your system.

1. Shut down JIRA
  2. Delete the indexes folder here:<tt>C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA4.4.3\Application Data\caches\indexes</tt>
  3. Start JIRA
  4. Immediatelyrebuild the index
  5. When finished, run theDB Integrity Checkerand tell it to fix all problems found.

I also did a server restart afterwards...just because.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2012

Is it consistent for all users, or just some? Or is it consistent per project? Does it goe away if you refresh? Is there anything in the logs?

I'm guessing in the dark here - you've not told us anything that suggests a pattern. Yes, I have seen Jira do this, but I know why...

Solitonman April 17, 2012

Hi Nic, when viewing this today it was consistent for all users, but it only occurred for one specific project that I noted. Other projects seemed to be working fine, but whenever I accessed this particular project (including as I was writing this) the Issues tab is blank. It doesn't go away if I refresh.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2012

Check the logs? Plugins that implement ProjectTabPanels will do this if they blow up, but you shd have a stack trace.

Suggest an answer