• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why is my project not appearing as an option when creating a board?

I am the system admin and when trying to create a board for a specific project, the project simply is NOT showing in the drop menu.  All other projects appear but the one I want to create a board for.

I can create issues in the project, I have full access.   I really can't get it to work!

Can someone please help me.

7 answers

1 vote
Jack Community Leader Apr 25, 2020

The most likely reason for this is that you are using a Business project not a Software project. If so, you can choose your profile as the Locationand then in the sidebar of the project use “add item” to add a link to the URL of the board.

All my Projects are created as of type 'Next-Gen Software Project'. The solution you mentioned is working for now.

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf Community Leader Jul 04, 2018

Hi @MyHive APP

Could you verify whether the Project's type is Software?

Jack Community Leader Jul 05, 2018

can you add a screenshot of the following:

• Projects page where all projects are listed illustrating the project in question
  • screen where you are attempting to create the board and dropdown where it is missing

Any update on this? I am facing same issue too.

Jack Community Leader Apr 29, 2020

Sandesh,

Are you on Classic Business or Next-gen project? If so then the solution provided is your answer (set the Location as your profile). If you are on Classic Software please let me know and provide a screenshot of what you are seeing.

it is Next-gen Project. 

Where's the answer?????

Jack Community Leader Apr 29, 2020

James, please see my response to Sandesh. Can you elaborate on your specific situation and provide screenshots or your project and how you are creating a board?

I wasted lots of time on this and was rather annoyed when I figured it out.   Some of the drop downs appeared to be cached.   If you don't see the project name or an issue in the drop down list,  start typing the project name (or issue id) in the select list and a search will be done and it will find the project or issue based on the drop down type.

I too have the same issue. I had just created a new Classic Software Project. But it is not appearing in the drop down list for creating issues (stories). I have tried the George's approach also. But still it does not find the project in the drop down. 

Hi, I have created a new classic software project. But I am not able to create a scrum board as the project name does not appear in the drop down. Please help

Jack Community Leader Jan 04, 2021

I suspect the reason is that you created a business project. For business projects you only get the default Kanban board. If you wish to create a scrum or full featured Kanban board you can do so but you must select your profile as the location. This place is the new board under your profile not directly within the project. However you can use “add item“ in sidebar of you project page to create a URL link to your board. 

As I have already mentioned, the project is a classic software project but not showing in the dropdown. 

Jack Community Leader Jan 04, 2021

Yes, Classic projects come in two "Types": Software and Business. You will see this on the project home page under the project name. Please check on the project Type and let me know what you find.

example...

business.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Announcing the waitlist for Jira Work Management

Hey there Cloud Community members! We’re excited to give you the first glimpse of the new home for business teams on Jira — Jira Work Management. Jira Work Management is the next generation of J...

159 views 3 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you