Why can't I manage slack subscriptions

Jarro February 13, 2019

We're using Jira Cloud and Slack and have the integration set up.

But when I try to update the subscriptions in JIRA via this option:

Notify the @Integration Team channel with Jira events  by subscribing to your projects below.

I get the following error: 

Permission denied

You cannot edit the configuration of this project.

I'm both admin in Jira and Slack. What do I need more permission for?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2019

Hey Jarro,

Frequently the atlassian-addons-project-access project role is missing from the Browse and Administer project permissions. Here's how to resolve that:

1. Navigate to the Permissions page in the Project Settings for the project you're having trouble with
  2. Click on the Actions button in the upper right and select Edit permissions
    image.png
  3. Click the Grant permission button in the upper right. 
    1. In the "Permission" dropdown, select Administer Projects and Browse Projects
    2. In the "Granted to" section, select Project Role and the "atlassian-addons-project-access" role
      image.png
  4. Click Grant when you've set the options from the previous step.

Let me know if you see any more trouble after completing the permission changes above and we'll help get you squared away!

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Jarro February 18, 2019

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply. I've checked the permission scheme that is used for all our projects. It has the permissions for the "atlassian-addons-project-access" as you say, but I still get the error I reported initially. Is there another setting I should check?

Cheers,

Screen Shot 02-18-19 at 11.37 AM.PNG

Jiri Chaloupka February 28, 2019

Hi,

I just solved this issue with adding Permission to Single User Slack.

So in step 3. I selected Single User, then searched for slack and granted permission for Administer and Browse Project. After that I was able to successfully add project to slack subscriptions.

Jiri

Like Ravi Kumar likes this
Jarro March 4, 2019

@Jiri ChaloupkaThat did the trick, thanks!

Ravi Kumar June 18, 2022

@Jiri Chaloupka , your solution worked. thanks a lot.

Suggest an answer