Where do I find the project id at in JIRA?

Mont August 12, 2022

I found an answer on that that indicated it's in the details of project settings. However, when I go to this location I only see

- Name

- Key

- URL (which is blank)

- Project Type

- Project Category

-Description

3 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2022

Hello @Mont ,

I have followed these steps in order to get the project id.

1. Go to Settings >> projects > 
  2. Search for the Project and Click (...) and hover the mouse on Edit 
  3. At the left side corner you will one URL and in that you can find the Project ID i.e PID.

Attached screenshot for your reference.

Screenshot 2022-08-13 092602.png

Note: You need Jira Administrator Global permission for this method.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Mayur

Mont August 12, 2022

Thanks

Like Mayur Jadhav likes this
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2022

@Mont if the answer is helpful, please hit the accept button so that it will help others too.

0 votes
James Molineaux
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 3, 2024

Has anyone managed to find the project ID for projects in JSM?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2024

For Server and DC, @Mayur Jadhav 's answer remains correct.

For Cloud, Atlassian have eliminated the project ID from the UI, you have to make REST calls if you want to use the ID in applications that have not yet been updated to using project key.

Start with https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-projects/#api-group-projects

0 votes
Chris Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2023

This does not work for me in a Jira Cloud instance. How do I find it in a Cloud environment?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2023

Why do you need it?  The REST API lets you work from project key, there's no need to use the ID.

Like John Funk likes this
Chris Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2023

I recieved an email by our Atlassian mail handler. It says that a comment could not be added to an issue, because the user does not have access to project 10010. In order to analyse the user rights and project settings, it would be helpful to know, which project that is...

Well, never mind. The email provides the involved issue key. I hope that issue key and project ID correspond to each other...

Bill Carey September 6, 2023

ZAPIER requires the Project ID - the KEY doesnt seem to work in this instance (although it says it should..).

Where can we find the Project ID in TYOOL 2023.

Suggest an answer