Where did the option for User Management go?

Patty Lou Smith January 3, 2022

I can no longer find the User Management section. Previously I would click on the cog wheel in the upper right of any Jira screen & one of the options was "User Management". That is where I would invite & manage users. The User Management option is no longer showing when I click on the cog wheel. Jira Cog Wheel.JPG

This is where I would add, look up people, edit & fix profiles for Jira in general. When I look up people in a specific project, I do not have the ability to see or edit their profiles. 

Yes, I am an administrator.

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Yatika Manchanda
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2022

Hello @Patty Lou Smith 

You need to be a member of the 'site-administrators' group in order to get access to User management.

Probably you have been removed from that group. Please ask one of the site administrator to check your access and ask them to add you to the site admin group (if you are not a part of it)

My Account Manager looked again & said that I still am an Administrator. However, I lost "Site Administrator" but she added me back!

Thank you!

Like Yatika Manchanda likes this
1 vote
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2022

Hello @Patty Lou Smith

It may be due to "you may not have site admin privileges / org admin". 

Thanks,

Hi Kagithala,

Thank you for your quick response! That link refers specifically to creating, editing & deleting statuses. My Account manager said my privileges have not changed but I will double check.

Thanks again!

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2022

Sorry for this. Actually the link I copied for someone’s question. Wrongly posted here. Please ignore the link 

No worries. Happy Monday! : )

Suggest an answer