Where can I check the release version of the jira software I use?

Chayoung Kim April 19, 2023

Where can I check the release version of the jira software I use? (ex. Jira Software 9.x.x)1.png2.png

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Sagar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2023

Hi @Chayoung Kim As per your instance details looks like you are using a cloud instance of Jira and Cloud instances are always on latest versions and that version details are not shown on UI like we can able to Jira version on Datacenter or Server instances.

You can check the below difference between Jira cloud and Datacenter instances

https://www.atlassian.com/migration/assess/compare-cloud-data-center

1 vote
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2023

Hi @Chayoung Kim ,

And on Atlassian Cloud Documentation blog posts you can find information about new functionalities.

regards, Marco

1 vote
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2023
1 vote
Sushant Verma
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2023

Hi @Chayoung Kim 

Welcome to the community!

You can check Jira Software version on the footer of any page in JIRA. It will be written in grey font.

Or you can go to Applications->Versions and Licenses. You can see there the versions of Jira Software, Jira Service Desk and Jira Core. 

Also, If you have admin access: Go to :

Administration >> Billing >> Billing Details >> it will display the current application(s) you are being billed with the version types; will state "(Cloud)" if you are on the Cloud platform.

Hope this will help you!

Regards,
Sushant Verma

Iulian Onofrei November 14, 2023

Doesn't work for me:

Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 09.50.24.png

Sushant Verma
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 21, 2023

@Iulian Onofrei You are checking on Project Settings.

You can go to Applications->Versions and Licenses. You can see there the versions of Jira Software, Jira Service Desk and Jira Core. 

Also, If you have admin access: Go to :

Administration >> Billing >> Billing Details >> it will display the current application(s) you are being billed with the version types; will state "(Cloud)" if you are on the Cloud platform.

Regards,
Sushant Verma

Iulian Onofrei November 21, 2023

Where do I find "Applications"? Could you please simply provide the direct URL?

Sushant Verma
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 22, 2023

Applications can only be accessible to those whomsoever is having JIRA global admin rights!

Regards,
Sushant Verma

Erin Naismith February 28, 2024

Is it right that only admins can know which version of the software they are using? As far as I know, I am the main admin and I cannot find the right page :S

From which screen do you find applications?

Like Harshitha Vummidisetti likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events