When creating new reports using JQL , is there a way to add those generated reports to a dashboard.

Sam Zepeda April 28, 2022

There is a task that I am trying to accomplish which is taking the reports that I create using JQL and adding them as graphs to a dashboard to give better and more specific insight. There are gadgets already there that do not totally give us what we are looking for cause of there limited filtering. Would i have to ask my company to download an new gadget or is there a way to do it without any of the extensions.  

Capture.PNG

3 answers

3 votes
Filipi Lima
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2022

Hi, Sam! Welcome to the community!

There are a lot of free options available on the out-of-the-box Jira that allows you to create a lot of charts - you could tell us what you're trying to achieve and we'll see if there's a way to do without extra plugins.

I'll leave some link to the vanilla gadgets - you didn't clarify your product so here's a link to Cloud:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-dashboard-gadgets/

And server/Data Center:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/adding-and-customizing-gadgets-939939033.html

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2023

Hey @Sam Zepeda 

Did Filipi's answer satisfy your need? 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2022

@Sam Zepeda , welcome to the community. 

quick question, is this Jira or Jira Service Management report? If JSM those reports are generally not extendable to Dashboards. 

Suggest an answer