What happened to the preview button for description and comments?

marymizrahi June 27, 2019

What happened to the preview button for description and comments?

1 answer

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2019

Hi @marymizrahi ,

I am still seeing this like on the image below (left bottom icon)..

temp_editor.png

Could you share your view?

marymizrahi June 29, 2019

Are you using the new UI?

Your screen shot looks like the old UI.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2019

I logged in to Jira cloud and have this view, so asking you what you see so that I can identify what instance are you using and what you mean by "new UI".. Maybe you are using Next-Gen project view..

marymizrahi July 1, 2019

Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 8.58.04 AM.pngThat is what I see now with the "new issue view".  I can find no way to preview the comment.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2019

It is because there is no need to have preview button.. The new editor is completely WYSWIG (What you see is what you get).

Rick Kasten June 14, 2023

That's not a good answer. I have a table that I want to import from a CSV, and it would be much faster and easier to edit my CSV in a text file into the format of a JIRA table and then copy/paste into my comment, as opposed to copying each individual cell into a WYSIWYG table.

Suggest an answer