Way to automatically transit Jira issue status

Jason Liu May 9, 2023

User wants to have a function that can automatically transit issue status to next status when it's under a status for 5 days. For example, if an issue is Fixed for 5 days, then it can go to Closed automatically. I want to know if there's a way to do that.

1 answer

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

Hi @Jason Liu 

You can use Automation to do that. The trigger is a schedule and the JQL could be something like:

status = "resolved" and updated < -5d

And the action is to transition the issue.

Let me know how it goes,
KGM

Jason Liu May 9, 2023

Hi KGM, it's a plug-in right? We don't have it in our system. But we have JSU automation and I saw that maybe we could create a trigger through it. I have another question. Do you know if the trigger has influence or pressure to the system? Since the trigger requires us to create a service. And the service will have a daily checking.

Kristján Mathiesen May 18, 2023

Hi again @Jason Liu  Automation is now part of Jira and Confluence but you might have to upgrade to a newer version. Not sure when it became integrated on Server.

I am sure the daily checking (i.e. the cadence, how often you run it) will affect performance of the server, yes. So you might not want to schedule heavy automation tasks to run too often.

HTH,
KGM

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events