Visual Studio.NET Atlassian JIRA/AnkhSVN Integration

Nick Taylor October 16, 2011

I'm currently evaluating JIRA for my company and it looks decent. We use SVN for SourceControl. We're running Subversion Edge with TortoiseSVN for the SVN GUI client and for integrating SVN in VisualStudio.NET, we are using AnkhSVN.

Using the JIRA Subversion plug-in, I have TortoiseSVN working fine with JIRA. For AnkhSVN, I have it working, but it only works if there is an issue that is work in progress and only if I do not put any comments when commiting to SVN via the AnkhSVN pending changes window. My question is, how do I get it to append the comment text required to save the change to JIRA as well as add the comment to my SVN history?

e.g. If I have a project called TEST in JIRA with issue #1, the comment submitted is TEST-1 when committing without any comments via the AnkhSVN pending changes dialog. This comment TEST-1 appears in SVN history and it will also update the issue 1 of project test in JIRA.

As soon as I add a comment to this case, e.g. "Fixed crash when button was clicked...", I would expect the following to be submitted as the comment Fixed crash when button was clicked... TEST-1", but TEST-1 is never appended so JIRA is never notified.

Is this a bug or am I doing something incorrect when checking in my changes?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Janusz Gorycki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2011

Hi Nick,

You are doing nothing wrong. This is exactly how the feature is currently implemented. You may notice that it has "experimental/use at your own risk" warning on it.

If you want to have more control over what gets put into a commit message, there is another way. You can simply use the "Copy to clipboard" context menu to pick an issue key (and optionally some other info) and paste it into the comment box of AnkhSVN

Janusz Gorycki

Nick Taylor October 17, 2011

@Janusz - I knew it was experimental, just didn't realize I had to copy paste is all. Thanks for the info.

Suggest an answer