Validator to check if at least one of two fields has data

Anna Debono January 21, 2021

Hi All,

I am setting up a new issue type. 2 of the details requested when creating an issue are Telephone Number and Email Address. 

A user should only be able to create the issue, if at least one of these 2 fields contains data.

Is there a way of doing this without scripting?

Thank you,

Anna

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

Hi @Anna Debono ,

I don't think it is possible. Jira OOB functionality gives you the possibility to set, whether the field is required or not, but not the combination of two fields. Unfortunately you will need some application for this.

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

Are there any applications like ScriptRunner, JMWE, JSU... installed on your instance?

Anna Debono January 24, 2021

Hi @Hana Kučerová 

Thank you for your answer.

I do have some installed but nothing in which I found the functionality to check an either or.

I do intend to look into scripting soon (have another project first). It is not that urgent so it can wait until then.

Thank you very much and have a nice day!

Anna

Suggest an answer