Using custom priority and severity breaks filters on 'priority' - project summary page

John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2014

I've used custom priority and severity fields for Bugzilla imported projects.

Have 'hidden' the unused 'priority' field.

On the project summary many filters sort by priority - I need them to now sort by severity.

I can in-line edit the filter but not save it.

How can I modify these to use an alternate field?

John

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2014

I think I can work around this by adding a post function to every workflow state transition, to copy my custom  severity field to priority - seems to work on a quick test smile

0 votes
John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 25, 2014

I tried to modify the set of Priorities but that just caused havoc on import, so decided that using separate custpm fields was the best way forwards.

My screens all use the new custom fields so the users are unaware of the standard 'priority' unless they select one of these filters.

Shame this page isn't configurable, or that the filters couldn't be edited and saved?

Based on a template that I can tweak?

0 votes
John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 25, 2014

I was worried that would be the answer.

With a great many other adopters who are moving from Bugzilla I acted in the suggestion that using custom fields for Severity and Priority was a valid approach.

Shame that I've found this out very late in the day smile

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2014

The usual approach is to map the priorities together, although I know that's a very general comment. As for severity, that's always been "use a custom field". Historically, Jira did have severity as a system field, and it was deliberately removed - the reasons are at https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=267257271

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2014

You can't alter the built-in summary without hacking the core code that provides them.

Suggest an answer