Using Greenhopper API in Jira Software 7.3.x

Mathieu Yargeau May 15, 2017

There are some functionnalities from Greenhopper I need to use in my plugin. I founs some documentation for it (this one for example)

https://docs.atlassian.com/jira-software/6.7.7/com/atlassian/greenhopper/service/rapid/view/workingdays/WorkingDaysService.html

However, this seems to be for JIRA 6. I was able to but the Greenhopper dependency 7.1.22 in my pom.xml and seem to be able to use the api, but I wonder if I'll have issues later, or if this is even supporter. Isn't Greenhopper supposed to be integrated to JIRA Software now? I didn't find any of the Greenhopper classes in the JIRA API documentation.

What should I use if I want to that that API?

2 answers

0 votes
ramonde zrihen September 17, 2018

@Mathieu Yargeau Hi, I have same problem regrading non working days. Did you find any solution for this issue ?

many thanks in advanced
Ramonde

Mathieu_Yargeau September 17, 2018

We ended up not implementing the feature, and I still don't know if we should be using Greenhopper or not... Sorry that it's not useful.

ramonde zrihen September 17, 2018

it gives some use, knowing what not to spend time on :)
Thanks !

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2017

Hi Mathieu,

there's another community for developer's issues:
https://community.developer.atlassian.com/
Maybe you get an answer there sooner

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2017

Just to clarify something in your question - there is no "integration" or "dependency inclusion". 

JIRA Software *is* Greenhopper.  GH was the first version of it, it got renamed to JIRA Agile after Atlassian acquired it, and then renamed again to JIRA Software as it was turned into an application. 

You should not include any GH dependencies or integrations.  Use the JIRA Software ones, they're the same thing.

Mathieu Yargeau May 15, 2017

Nic, thank you for that clarification. As for JIRA Software, many of the Greenhopper API seem to be missing (maybe they were removed). Do you ave any idea as to how to use the WorkingDaysService (or something similar) from the JIRA Software API?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2017

The Greenhopper API has been heavily reworked and had swathes deprecated as it evolved into JIRA Software.

I haven't tried to code anything with WorkingDaysService, I'd head over to the developer community to ask there.

Suggest an answer