Users can't log in suddenly

Jana Kemmer July 2, 2020

Hello, on our Jira Server we recently experienced the issue that a user suddenly can't log in anymore. So far we had that with 3 different users, myself (admin) included. 
One user has experienced it multiple times so far. 

The problem is that the browser-saved log in credentials suddenly don't work anymore. When I had that problem I then tried use the passwort from my keepass that is 100% up-to-date and still couldn't log in. It felt as if I was entering a wrong password but I'm 100% sure it was correct. That's also the feedback I get from other users this has happened to. They use the passwort thats saved in their browser, like they allways do, and suddenly it doesn't work anymore. 

To resolve this issue I manually assign a new password to the user and it works again. And no, it can't be that someone is malliscously changing other peopls password that way. 

Has anyone experienced something like this before? 

1 answer

0 votes
Lasse Langhorn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2020

Hi @Jana Kemmer

This sounds like an issue with the browser. I do not know which browser you are using but some browsers like Google Chrome and Firefox can have extensions that can have a weird impact on your browser experience.

I often toggle between browsers (Chrome, Firefox and Safari) when using Jira in order to test and see different user permissions.

Regards

Lasse Langhorn

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events