User creation validation error during project import

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013

Hi

I am performing project import on Jira. I received a validation error to create a user. Fair enough.

There are '1' required user(s) that JIRA can not automatically create.
View Details

But when I go in to the instance i find that the user already exists.

Moreover, the user I have on my system is yyy.zzz@domain.com but the view details on the validation error asks me to create a user Yyy.Zzz@domain .com. Dont know how it got this camel case user name.

Furthermore, if i try to go in to my destination jira instance and create a user with camel case, jira gives me a validation error that usernames must be in lowercase.

I am stuck as Jira project import wont progress until i create this user which in reality already exists !

Any ideas.

Rahul

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabian Meier
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013

I just got the same error message during a project import, but the weird thing is: 'View Details' gives me an empty list of users it cannot import. So there is nothing I can do about it :(

Regarding your problem: You could try to edit the entities.xml in the zip you are trying to edit and correct the camel case :)

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2013

Thanks Fabian. I will try this.

Rahul

Fabian Meier
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2013

Ha, finally solved my issue as well: I found in the export xml that during the last 10 days, somebody managed to assign an issue to an empty string. After fixing up that issue and exporting again, it finally works again :)

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2018

In case anyone else runs into this error, and to add to the answer Fabian gave this scenario and steps to correct are covered in the following KB article in more detail:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/project-import-failed-due-to-blank-missing-mandatory-user-865045675.html

Suggest an answer