Upgrade and Migrate to newer Jira version in one go

Gavin Burke November 30, 2020

Hi Atlassian, asking this question as previous answers are all from the community rather than definitive answer from Atlassian.

We currently run Jira 7.7.0 on premise, running on CentOS and having been installed directly on the VM, NGINX infront server with the DB on postgres 9.2

We are wanting to migrate to GCP, with a GCE Instance running Container Optimised OS so we'd be using containerised version of Jira, the DB being postgres 11.8 on Cloud SQL, whilst running Jira 8.12.2

I have tried to manually a copy of the jira data directory, and migrated the DB, but hitting problems with issues, dashboards, custom fields not working etc.

I wanted to get an affirmative answer - is this type of "manual copy data to migrate and upgrade" supported?? 

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2020

Hi Gavin,

while this is again the Community and not support itself - which errors are you specifically getting? You said you hit problems and custom fields were not working.
Can you elaborate a bit on this what it exactly means?

In case you mean you shifted the installation to a different server and did an upgrade - it sounds not too bad, as long as aligned with official upgrade documentation I do not see why it should fail. But also here - with more details more could probably be said.

In case you prefer a support request like you said you would have to go here:
https://support.atlassian.com/

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events