Unable to load Jira Suite Utilities

Alex Petchesi July 13, 2014

Hello,

I installed the plugin through UPM and still get the below error.

Plugins that have yet to be enabled: [com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities]

Please advise.

Thanks,

Alex

(Converted from comment on very old question. Jira version 5.1.3, JSU version 1.3.1 were the subject of the old question)

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2014

No way of knowing really. There should be more errors in the logs if the plugin really is failing. Does the log file say anything?

As a leader question though, how much memory do you have available/free? (The basic memory graphs from the system-information page in Jira could tell us a lot here, if you could paste in the numbers for us here)

When you say you've now used the UPM to load it - what method did you use? Either the direct access to marketplace in the UPM, or by downloading the .jar file from the marketplace and using "upload"?

Have you tried loading a later versions that's compatible for Jira 5.1.3 ?

Alex Petchesi July 19, 2014

Thanks a lot for your answer. It turned out that for some reason the admin/secure folder was not properly configured which produced the error I mentioned above. Really appreciate your answer on this!

Thanks a lot Nic. Isn't there an Atlassian strategy with all the vendors of what needs to be developed that is of great interest to the customers? In the end I bought a product from Atlassian, I do not care who the suppliers are etc. If someone asks me about a JIRA shortcoming i will for sure include this as one of the major ones. Anyway, just my opinion. Appreciate your answers.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2014

People are free to develop what they think is needed.

Atlassian give some guidelines and best practices, but the decision on what you put in an addon is up to you. If something is missing from a plugin, then there's usually a good reason - not worth the effort, not enough potential customers need it, or, especially for the smaller plugins, there's simply not enough resource to do it.

Alex Petchesi August 17, 2014

Agree with you Nic, with the difference that Atlassian in my opinion should have a strategy for his product moving forward and impose some of the steps of his strategy to the providers.

Alex Petchesi August 17, 2014

How do I close this stream?

Alex Petchesi August 23, 2014

completed

How do I close this ticket?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 23, 2014

Mark the best answer as correct - there's a green tick mark to the left of it

0 votes

Thanks Nic

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2014

Pretty much up to the Tempo team to expose them I think.

0 votes

One more question. Do you happen to know then the Tempo Timesheets fields will be available to write into through these plugins (API available)? Right now this write restriction by Tempo reduces a lot the customisation options for it (holiday request and other similar types). I sent them an e-mail to inquire about this but were not very eager to answer. From my perspective, due to this "shortage"on their behalf the Tempo Timesheets is quite an expensive add-on. I would NOT recommend it to other customers, hopefully someone will come out with an alternative solution.

Suggest an answer