Unable to create a project with a key after deleting a project with the same key.

kangmo kim July 14, 2014

I created a project whose key was 'PG'. While it is being created, it also created Bamboo build plan and Confluence space.

I deleted the project.

I tried to create a project with key 'PG', but I see following error.

"Bamboo project with that key already exists in the remote instance"

So I tried to delete Bamboo build plan. The page contained "All, None" links but nothing happened. I clicked on "Delete" button, it says Please select at least one plan or project to delete.

I filed a support ticket for this issue, but this is not resolved more than four business days, (6 including weekends), so a little bit surprised to know the slow processing of support tickets...

1 answer

0 votes
Yagnesh Bhat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2014

Hi Kim,

See if that space key exists in the confluence database.

Nicholas Bannister November 12, 2015

I am also facing that problem, how do you "See if that space key exists in the confluence database"?

Alexander Mehlhorn June 21, 2016

We don't use Bamboo On-demand and we are not subscribed to it at all. So why does JIRA create any kind of dependencies on it in the back-end when we create projects? And what does "Confuence" have to do with it?

Suggest an answer