Umlaut/ accented characters display incorrectly in JIRA

Azfar Masut October 11, 2016

The characters työpöytä displayed as  ty?p?yt? id the dashboard and other pages in JIRA

1 answer

0 votes
Azfar Masut October 11, 2016

To fix the encoding issue we're seeing here, start JIRA with the variable -Dfile.encoding=utf-8 and -Dsun.jnu.encoding=UTF-8. See Setting properties and options on startup

mlassau_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2016

Thanks for the workaround Azfar.

The philosophy nowadays is that JIRA should use UTF-8 by default for everything, so anything that doesn't work out of the box should be considered a bug.

Can you raise bugs on jira.atlassian.com for any places that are not displaying correctly please?

Like Heather R likes this
Luca Andreatta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2018

I tried setting those parameters in Jira 6.4.13, but they didn't solve the problem.

If I create a component with an accent character and create a piechart per components, when I click in the slice with that component, the JQL in the issue navigator is wrong.

Suggest an answer