Transition sub-task based on parent status using JMWE

Kelsey Berry April 16, 2024

Using the JMWE Transition Issue(s) Post-Function, I'm trying to transition only the "Dev Task" sub-task types to the Done status once the Parent ticket moves to the "QA Feature Testing" status. 

Any suggestions on a Groovy script to do this? Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Reshma Begum _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2024

Hi @Kelsey Berry ,

Thanks for reaching out!

Please configure the JMWE Transition Issue(s) Post-Function as shown below

2024-04-16_23-04-34.png

In the Target Issues, please select “issues returned by the following groovy script” and add the code below.

issue.subTaskObjects?.findAll{it.get("issuetype").name in ["Dev Task"]}

The above code will return all the subtasks which are of type "Dev Task".

Save the post function and position it after the Update change history for an issue and store the issue in the database post-function.

With this, whenever you move the parent issue to "QA Feature Testing" status, the Dev Task subtasks will be moved to Done status automatically.

Hope this helps!

BTW I am Appfire, a vendor of JMWE.

Thanks

Reshma

Kelsey Berry April 16, 2024

**Edit: I realized that the Groovy expression needed to be under the Target issues section. Now its working as intended. Thanks for your help!

Hi Reshma,

Thanks! When I used your Groovy expression, it mostly worked, but it updated any sub-task to Done, instead of only the Dev Task subtask issue types. This is a screenshot of how I've configured the post-function. Do I need to change something?QATesting_postfunction.PNG

Like Reshma Begum _Appfire_ likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events