Transferring issues from Sally the Admin owned project

Amanda Nixon Groteboer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 15, 2024

Hello. I have issues and epics from an admin owned board that I need to move to a board I own. How can I do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2024

Hello @Amanda Nixon Groteboer 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Issues (and epics, which are just a type of issue) are contained in Projects in Jira.

A "board" is just a way to visualize and manipulate the issues. The issues are not "in" the board.

Multiple boards can reference the same issues - an issue can be displayed in and manipulated from multiple boards.

You can create your own board that references the same issues. If all the issues are in one project, then you can create a new board based on that project. If the issues are in multiple projects or are a subset of issues in a project, then you may want to create a Saved Filter to get that list of issues and then create your board based on your Saved Filter.

Are you working with Jira Cloud or Jira self-hosted (Server or Data Center)? One we know which you are using, we can provide you links to the documentation for the above process for the correct environment.

Amanda Nixon Groteboer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 15, 2024

Thank you! I am using Jira server

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2024

Hello Amanda,

Here is a link to the latest product version documentation for creating a new board:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/creating-a-board-938845220.html

And here is the home page about searching for issues, which has a child page about how saved filters.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/searching-for-issues-939938681.html

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Suggest an answer