To change the Default behaviour of the sharing of filter from "everyone" to a particular group.

megha jayaswal January 20, 2014

Hi All,

Being a jira administartor, is it possible to change thedefault behaviour of the filter share from "evryone" to a particular group. i mean. whenever any user creates a filter, then the filter is shared by "everyone" by default. I want to modify this so that instead of this, the filter is shared by a particular group by default. is it possible?

1 answer

4 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2014

Hi Megha,

This is a user preference, if you go to your profile you'll see a setting called Filter and Dashboard sharing. If this is set to public all filters and dashboards will be automatically shared with everybody. If this is set to private nothing will be shared by default.

As far as I know this is the only setting that auto shares filters and dashboards.

You cannot disabled this for each user individually but you could set the user preferences to private for new users. This can be done in the User preference section of the User Management Admin part of JIRA.

Best regards,

Peter

Aaron Oliver August 6, 2018

Does this setting still exist? Looking in the Cloud version, there's no option in my profile. I'm pretty certain it *used* to be there, since my account defaults to "any logged in user", while others' defaults to private.

Like Jennifer McVicker likes this
Kim Weathersby August 10, 2018

I can't find it either. I do think it used to be there.

David Looby August 17, 2018

It was there and now it's gone. That was a game-changing setting. 

Benjamin Kunkel September 11, 2018

It's there.  I just used the admin search to find it.

System -> User Interface -> Default User Preferences

(JIRA v7.6.1)

Roy Chapman March 28, 2019

Is there a way to retrospectively apply this to all existing users?  I have changed to shared for system settings but this doesn't filter through to all users as far as I can see

Roy

Suggest an answer