Timesheet - report of time logged

Hessel F January 9, 2021

I would like to see the time that I have logged for an issue for each workdate and not for the updated date.

For example, if I enter 8 hours today and, on the same day, I enter 8 hours for yesterday, how can I see a report that shows 8 hours for each day?

5 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sebastian Brudziński
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 11, 2021

Hello @Hessel F

Unfortunately, there are no Jira built-in reports that could show you the time you (or your team) logged in particular days to particular issues.

On the bright side though, there are Marketplace apps like our Worklogs - Time Tracking and Reports that can give you visibility to such information. Here's a screenshot demonstrating how the report looks like broken down by users and total time logged in the given day.

Screenshot_2021-01-11 Worklogs - Time Tracking and Reports.png

You can click on each time entry to get a list of all issues the time was logged to. You can also choose grouping by issues, to display the time broken down by the issues, instead of a total time logged in a day.

If this sounds like what you are looking for, you can give Worklogs a try.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Rob Alexander October 26, 2022

Are you able to export hours logged into Quickbooks? Would like to automate the generation of payments to contractors based on hours logged.

thanks,

Rob

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2021

Nearly all timesheet add-ons including our WorklogPRO add-on displays 8 hours per day in this scenario. All of them shows worklog on the day you specify when logging work, not on the day you perform the log work action.

1 vote
Hessel Friedlander February 2, 2021

The one that I am going to end up using is also a Google Chrome extension and it's called "Jira Assistant". 

It gives reports of work logged per story and sub task and the reports can be for groups or individuals. 

It has a number of reporting features and I am impressed!

0 votes
Hessel F January 15, 2021

The one that I am going to end up using is also a Google Chrome extension and it's called "Jira Assistant". 

It gives reports of work logged per story and sub task and the reports can be for groups or individuals. 

It has a number of reporting features and I am impressed!

Kristyn Gutierrez February 2, 2021

WOW i am also impressed this is going save me SO MUCH TIME

0 votes
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2021

Hi @Hessel F -

That should be the case that you see the work logged on the date you specify. Can you add a screenshot, so we can help you troubleshoot further?

Carolyn

Hessel F January 10, 2021

Jira updated.jpgAs you can see, when I filter the issues, I can show the 'updated' field and not the 'worklog date'. That means I can see when the issue was updated, but I can't see on which day I actually did the work (i.e. the worklog date).

Hessel F January 11, 2021

I wonder why Jira makes it so easy to capture time for any date, if the only way to see it is to buy an add-on?

Thank you to everyone who has replied, and I accept the answers that say that it can only be done by using add-ons. The company policy where I work is that we cannot use add-ons. 

Like # people like this
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2021

There are few Chrome extensions like Timesheet for Jira, that may suite your needs.

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2021

Yes, I see what you mean from your screenshot - sorry about that. Maybe you can try the Chrome extension as Andriy mentioned?

Hessel F January 13, 2021

The Chrome extension that Andriy mentioned is useful, but it gives the hours logged per day, without breaking them down into issues. 

It is definitely an improvement!

Suggest an answer