Timesheet JIRA

ilker isler June 2, 2020

Hi All, We need to have time sheet on projects. I mean, we need to export the timesheet of the project for how much time is spent on that project and who works on it and what is the effort per developer. What is the best practice on JIRA / marketplace tools?

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2020

For detailed timesheet reports you need an app. I suggest our app, WorklogPRO - Timesheets. There are many timesheet apps with different prices (even free) and capabilities in the market, just search the marketplace for timesheet or worklog. 

ilker isler June 2, 2020

Hi Deniz, I watched the trailer about  WorklogPro, choosing project on  dropdown and shows the total time spent and some parameters about the project, is it possible the configure those parameters ? and app merges the project and  assignee who worked on that project ?

Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2020

You can add build-in fields and custom fields to report so you can add assignee to report. You can also group by different fields like reporter, sprint, organization etc. 

I suggest you to install a jira instance and the apps you are interested in a test environment. It is very easy to create trial licenses for Jira and apps and you can test them several months before committing to any of them. 

Like ilker isler likes this
1 vote
Sebastian Brudziński
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 2, 2020

Hello @ilker isler 

there's no report showing a breakdown of logged hours per user available directly in Jira. There are however several time-tracking apps available that can help you achieve this. You have a simple use case so I can recommend a light-weight and cheap app that we have developed - Worklogs - Time Tracking and Reports. It allows you to generate reports of time spent on the project, grouped by users, or pretty much any other Jira issue fields and export such reports to a spreadsheet. Here's how it looks like:

worklogs.png

Best regards,
Sebastian

ilker isler June 2, 2020

Thank you sebastian, I have also watched the trailer on youtube.

Like Sebastian Brudziński likes this
1 vote
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2020

Hi @ilker isler 

You can get the work log information out using the APIs - if you're looking for something more native to Jira though, I'd suggest considering an app.

You have a few options such as...

Ste

ilker isler June 2, 2020

Thank you for your reply, WorklogPro, extended so it will fit for us

endikaesteban October 28, 2020

Good afternoon.

Thank yo very much for all the choices! We are checking Tempo Timesheets now, but I have noticed now that we cant see all the Log work that he have charged in the past, only the new ones...I suppose I can configure it in order to see too all the old log works, but really I dont know how to do it...perhaps could you help me?

Thx anyway!

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2020

Hi @endikaesteban

Worklogs that were created in JIRA before you installed Tempo Timesheets should be visible in your Tempo, My work view.

To view worklogs of other users in Tempo Reports, you will need to have the permission to do so, see also https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KB/pages/377291063/Cannot+see+other+users+worklogs

In case you encounter problems with this, can you please create a ticket in our Tempo Support system, https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/6, so we can better assist you.

Best regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team

0 votes
Tom Ng May 11, 2021

I recommend to try this new app TeamBoard Team Resource Timesheet, Time Tracking, Vacation

Note: I am working for DevSamurai the maker of the app so my answer maybe biased

0 votes
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 2, 2020

I can also recommend Tempo Timesheets

Suggest an answer