Ticket by email - Automatic new user creation

vincent beudez December 22, 2011

hi,

When a ticket is created by email, if the email adress is not recognized it will create a new account.
But in the User Guide, it's written that it is an option. I would like to disable this option so that a new email adress would not create a new user account.

Where can I do that please?

Also, where can I disable the email sent after a new account creation?

Vincent

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2011

Set createusers to false!

notifyusers can be used to disable mails but it is valid only if createusers is true!

Hi,

Thanks. The problem is that when i put createusers=false in the service, the tickets are not created.

project=JRA, issuetype=1, catchemail=jira@xxx.fr, createusers=false, bulk=forward

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2011

Can you also add reporterusername ? This will be used when the sender email doesot match with an existing user.

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 22, 2011

No, That's not possible. The user should be a valid user in JIRA.

Good idea, thanks. As we use it like reporterusername="a name un JIRA", is there any possibility to take the email adress of the sender as reporterusername="his email adress"?

But otherwise, not a problem :)

Ok, thanks a lot for your answers :)

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 23, 2011

If you use the default mail handlers, these are the limitations. If you use something like JEMH, you can set default reporters to create the issue on the behalf of the external user. You can also, if you wanted to, create users that _dont_ take up seats with JEMH, they can't login but that can be notified. v1.0 coming in the new year has facilities for auto creation of groups based on email domains, auto injection of those groups into project roles (eg User). Answering the intial point, there is also configuration over the notification of new user creation (whether they have jira-users membership or they dont).

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JEMH/JIRA+Extendable+Mail+Handler

Suggest an answer