The linked issue list only shows part of the full list

Natascha Laros September 16, 2022

When I try to link a story to my task, the linked issue drop down only shows 19 of the 56 linked issues in the dropdown. How can I make the complete list of stories and tasks visible? Tried to use the search filter there but I can't find the required Story in there. Even though there are already several tasks linked to the Story.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2022

Hi @Natascha Laros , welcome to the community.

Just so that we're on the same page would you mind sharing a screenshot of exactly what you are referring to? I'm unclear if you're looking at the loop issues in the detail issue for you or if you are looking at the model pop up after clicking the link issue button. In either event I do not believe this is configurable but you still should be able to access all lead issues. But that really depends on what you're looking at.

Natascha Laros September 16, 2022

JIRA.png

Natascha Laros September 18, 2022

Jack, is this info sufficient for you?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2022

Thanks @Natascha Laros , yes that helps. Indeed there isn't anything you can do here. If you happen to know the issue then you can begin to type it out and it will appear but that is the only means of exposing an issue that is not in the list.

Natascha Laros September 20, 2022

@Jack Brickey I tried to copy the issue (story) first that I wanted to link and then paste it in my task. That seemed to work, however, when I reopen the task, then the copied issue is no longer visible in linked issues.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2022

Hi @Natascha Laros , to be clear, are you saying that you successfully add a linked issue (story B) to your story (story A) and then you go into "story A" and you don't see the just added "story B" in the list of linked issues?

Natascha Laros September 21, 2022

Correct! This only happens when I copy/paste or type the 'B' reference into another story (because it was not visible in the dropdown).

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 21, 2022

If you are confident that you are saving the link when adding but it still is not being added to the list I would definitely contact Atlassian support to have them look at that. I have not experienced this behavior. 

Natascha Laros September 23, 2022

Hi Jack, I think it is resolved now. Earlier the link was not saved, even after pressing update. Tried that several times. When I received your message I tried again and now I can't reproduce the issues I experienced before. Perhaps my manager has changed something in the background by hiding something? Have to check that. Thank you for your support. Highly appreciated. Have a nice weekend!

Like Jack Brickey likes this

Suggest an answer