Test Management tool

Nikola Velevski September 12, 2017

Hi, 

please tell me from your experience, what is the best test management tool for JIRA Cloud? 

Regards

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2017

Dear Nikola,

Both Zephyr, Xray and many many others are suited for this job really. The most popular add-on by far right now for this is Zephyr.. here is an overview:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/categories/test-management

Friendly Regards,

Jeremy Mooiman

https://www.prepend.nl/

Melissa Espinosa December 14, 2017

But, Zephyr provides facilities in generating tasks, Is there one that manages the testing process? (test cases, tracing and monitoring)

Regards.

1 vote
Peter_DevSamurai
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 21, 2023

From my perspective, yes there are popular apps that do test management but most of them, or most of the useful features are to be paid for. 
I am currently trying out AgileTest, pretty great so far with full features and quite comprehensive when it comes to test management for Jira.
 image.png

0 votes
ritvick_udasi January 27, 2023

I recommend you try QTM4J (QMetry test management for Jira).

QMetry Test Management for Jira is built to provide a seamless one-tool experience of test management inside Jira that provides an ALM experience – from Requirements management to Test Case Management in the comfort of the familiar Jira ecosystem. QTM4J is an intuitive, powerful, & lightweight test management tool for agile teams such as BA, Testers, Jira admin, and PM to work in the same Jira Interface. This is the only tool within Atlassian Marketplace offering embedded Exploratory Testing that enables easy test case documentation. QTM4J provides the most advanced and comprehensive analytics with 30+ reporting gadgets inside Jira.

Some of the top-notch features include:
- Module-wise Granular Permissions to grant permissions to users/a group of users for individual tasks.
- Test Case Versioning to create and maintain multiple versions of a single test case
- Test Data Parameterization to reuse test cases for multiple test data.
- Test Cycle to manage and track test execution cycles.
- Test Plan to lay down test strategy and schedule releases with utmost quality.
- Enhanced Reporting to render reports faster with more customization options.

Team QMetry in a quest to provide the best testing experience to their users, launched a new release of QTM4J v4.3.0 with a few significant upgrades. To know to tool better, you can try it for free as well.

Suggest an answer